Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: RALIANCE Managing Director
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Work Hours: Primarily Regular Business Hours
Travel: Travel to regional, national, and occasional international locations
Office Location: Harrisburg, PA
Salary Range: $65,821
About The Role
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical, and strategic person, who is passionate about our mission of ending sexual violence in one generation and can navigate the intersections of corporate culture and needs with the expertise of a complex nonprofit collaborative. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, can work independently with minimal supervision or direction, and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating assessment, policy review, trainings, and accreditation with businesses, organizations and agencies. They will execute virtual and/or on-site training for businesses; support the development of training, research, and evaluation/assessment services to companies and organizations; and promote RALIANCE through social media, blogs and podcasts. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for quality assurance of several RALIANCE deliverables (Sexual Misconduct and Violence Taxonomy audits and validation, RALIANCE eLearning courses, RALIANCE training materials, etc.).
We are looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to organize, coordinate, implement and evaluate RALIANCE projects. The Project Coordinator must excel at technological support using RALIANCE’s web sites, email groups, teleconference, web conference, database, e-mail and other systems in order to implement services to constituency groups. This position requires project coordination skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills to provide training and on-site assessment to RALIANCE’s constituents, as well as attending statewide and national meetings. This is a full-time position based in Harrisburg, PA.
The Project Coordinator will be supervised by RALIANCE’s partner agency leadership, (namely, National Sexual Violence Resource Center/Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape’s Director who also serves as RALIANCE Managing Director). RALIANCE’s key partner agencies include Valor US, National Sexual Violence Resource Center/Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape, and National Alliance to End Sexual Violence.
What You Will Do
The primary project relates to implementing and evaluating services for companies and organizations in the private sector, as well as for influencers in the sport and other industries to play a role in preventing sexual violence. Key activities include:
• Develop and implement day-to-day project activities related to prevention for RALIANCE.
• Maintain regular communication with project partners.
• Coordinate program implementation and evaluation.
• Support the development of regular funder-required reports as required.
• Coordinate and/or facilitate trainings, designing, implementing and coordinating events and conferences.
• Execute project activities, including final touches on products developed by consultants.
The Project Coordinator will work with RALIANCE staff and key partners to build relationships with a goal of creating partnerships to advance goal of preventing sexual violence and represent RALIANCE in order to establish a national presence and advance its national presence. Key activities include:
• Represent RALIANCE and promote our services by attending and presenting at business or trade conferences, meetings, and networking events; contributing written materials to trade or association publications and working with journalists covering issues of safety, diversity and inclusion.
• Cultivate strong relationships on behalf of RALIANCE with leaders, especially in major metro areas.
Ending Sexual Violence In One Generation | www.RALIANCE.org
• Advocate on behalf of RALIANCE with corporate enterprises and other external stakeholders, including in-person travel and meetings, and via the media where appropriate.
• Attend events, and serve as brand ambassador for RALIANCE with business leaders in corporate sectors.
The Project Coordinator will have several responsibilities to ensure the effective administrative function of RALIANCE. Key activities include:
• Develop content for blogs, podcasts and articles to promote RALIANCE activities.
• Support and prepare documents related to business development including, but not limited to, marketing/outreach templates, assessment tools, existing landscape research.
• Support the preparation of quarterly and annual reports and presentations to assess and communicate progress made in partnership development and related activities and deliverables.
• Participate in national meetings, conferences, trainings and events. Make public presentations in areas of expertise.
• Help plan and implement RALIANCE events.
• Participate in staff meetings, in-service trainings, other meetings as required, and perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• At least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Familiarity and experience working in corporate environment in a business development/business management, or marketing role.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, leadership, and public speaking skills; professional writing and editing skills; and the ability to be collaborative, highly organized and flexible.
• Strong ability to quickly understand sexual violence content/prevention; and be able to implement into feasible business opportunities.
• Strong ability to stratify complex ideas into actionable items.
• Self-motivated with great interpersonal skills engaging internal and external experts to forge relationships and networking.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Experience conducting research utilizing a wide range of sources including printed material, internet, databases, and identification of alternative information sources.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience delivering oral presentations to diverse professionals and audiences, including workshops and presentations.
• Excellent technical writing and research skills.
• Ability to recognize and identify information of value to RALIANCE partners and stakeholders.
• Knowledge and application of database and word-processing systems including Microsoft Office, social media, and other online resources.
• Must be organized, flexible, and multi-task oriented. Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities. A self-starter that can work within a team environment and handle a variety of tasks with urgent deadlines. Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to maintain cooperative and professional demeanor with corporate and business leaders, vendors, consultants, allied professionals, and members of the public. Enjoyment in interacting with people and creating an accessible environment. Excellent customer relations approach.
• Capacity to work in a fast-paced program and manage multi-faceted services.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations and organizations. Experienced in developing programs in response to diverse needs.
• Accept and abide by mission and philosophy of RALIANCE.
• Availability to travel extensively statewide/nationwide, some overnights and weekends. When driving is necessary must have access to a car, insurance and a valid driver’s license.
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Business Management, Marketing, Communications, Public Health, Social Work, Education or similar field from a four-year college or university. Extensive experience, demonstrated skills, and aptitude considered in lieu of education.
• Experience with the subject matter of sexual violence is highly desired, as is a sound understanding of statistics and social science methodology.
-Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and ability to meet strict deadlines. Ability to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
-Must be a self-starter that can work within a team and fast-paced environment and handle a variety of tasks with multiple deadlines. Must be detail-oriented and work with minimal supervision.
-Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must possess excellent organizational skills. Excellent customer service skills.
-Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to collaboratively work with individuals and groups from diverse populations and organizations. Ability to maintain cooperative and professional demeanor with rape crisis centers, coalitions, agency staff/board, council members, vendors, consultants, allied professionals and the general public. Must be able to foster positive working relationships with people and create an accessible environment.
-Other duties as required
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
RALIANCE is a trusted adviser for organizations committed to building cultures that are safe, equitable, and respectful. RALIANCE offers unparalleled expertise in serving survivors of sexual harassment, misconduct, and abuse which drives our mission to help organizations across sectors create inclusive environments for all. For more information, please visit www.RALIANCE.org.
Position open until filled. Submit resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and three references to [email protected]
Posted on 11/4/22