With a new year just around the corner, the RALIANCE team decided it would be a good time to look back at our most-read blogs from the past year to see what our readers considered most important.
The five most popular posts this year paint a clear picture of a country trying to navigate its way through a challenging pandemic while also working toward a more equitable culture. In a sign of the times, one of our most read posts – about building safe virtual workplaces – was actually from 2020. The fact that people are still looking for resources to navigate this environment is a reminder of how deeply the pandemic continues to impact the way we live and work, a full two years since COVID-19 was discovered.
See what people read most this year – and then give the posts a read yourself!
1. Why Inclusive Classrooms Matter (9/23/21): “What happens in the classroom ultimately doesn’t stay in the classroom. Impeding students’ learning based on their identities inevitably worsens existing disparities in other aspects of life.”
2. What Do Students Need This Back-to-School Season? (9/9/21): “Schools – from kindergarten all the way to graduate programs – are technically locations for learning and academic pursuit, but they are also social settings. Just like any other social setting, they are rife with challenges such as discrimination, sexual harassment, misconduct, and abuse.”
3. Building the LGBTQ Community’s Future (6/3/21): “RALIANCE stands with the LGBTQ+ community as part of our commitment to build a world where systems, institutions, and environments empower people to reach their full potential – this requires disrupting oppressive behaviors and challenging inequitable practices.”
4. How to Navigate Harassment in a Hybrid Workplace (7/15/21): “As more workplaces navigate a return to the office, media outlets have highlighted the rise of hybrid workplaces, with employees scattered across central offices and remote environments. These types of work setups present new challenges and require organizations to take a nimble approach that accounts for sexual misconduct, harassment, and abuse in both in-person and virtual settings.”
5. Building a Safe Virtual Workplace Should Be Employers’ Priority (9/10/20): “As employers work hard to manage successful organizations during the pandemic, protecting employees from workplace misconduct and creating safe spaces is a critical part of that equation.”
RALIANCE provides consulting, assessment, and employee development services to help build more equitable workplace cultures and create environments free from sexual harassment, misconduct and abuse. We stand ready to support your organization’s goals – contact us today at [email protected] to get started.