Hello readers – wondering which organizations are making a difference in preventing sexual harassment, misconduct and abuse? Many organizations are doing so much important work at the grassroots level, and six of them are RALIANCE’s latest grantees.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month is a time for supporting critical prevention work. That’s why RALIANCE announced earlier this week that we are awarding $25,000 grants to six organizations working to implement targeted and innovative programs that meet the unique needs of different communities.
This fifth round of RALIANCE grants is part of our proud tradition of empowering organizations across the country to change the culture from the grassroots up.
This year’s grantees include:
● Hollaback!, a global non-profit organization that works to end street harassment and violence by providing training and developing innovative strategies.
● The Idaho Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence, a non-profit organization engaging voices to create change in the prevention, intervention and response to domestic violence, dating abuse, stalking and sexual assault.
● Mirror Memoirs, a national storytelling and organizing project uplifting the narratives, healing and leadership of Black, Indigenous and of color Two Spirit, transgender, intersex, non-binary and/or queer child sexual abuse survivors in the movement to end rape culture.
● The New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault, which helps youth from historically marginalized communities across New York City learn about healthy relationships, gender roles, consent, and bystander engagement.
● USA Gymnastics, the national governing body for the sport of gymnastics in the United States.
● Ya Basta Center, which is affiliated with SEIU-United Service Workers West and focuses on the prevention of sexual violence in the workplace in the janitorial industry of California.
In the coming weeks, our blogs will take a deeper look at some of the important projects that our grantees are championing, so be sure to check back for more!
In the meantime, you can learn more about the RALIANCE Impact Grant program at www.raliance.org/grant-program/grants.
RALIANCE provides consulting, assessment, and employee development services to help build more equitable workplace cultures and create environments free from sexual harassment, misconduct and abuse. We stand ready to support your organization’s goals – contact us today at [email protected] to get started.